Thursday, November 18, 2010

Interview Number 2 winner

Results

I think that the best interview out of all of the second ones was Longfei Ren. The scores for the second interview were close but Longfei beat out a few students by just one point. I gave him a perfect on preparation because he looked back on his first interview and figured out what went wrong. Longfei listened to the first recording many times to figure out what to do better. It showed that Longfei really cared about the interview because he practices with his friends a few times before doing the real one so that he would be ready. I think that is a big reason why he was not as nervous for the second one.
Another think that I really liked about the interview was the information about the country of Japan. Longfei mentioned that he wanted to add more information than he had from the first interview. This showed that he has found great interest in other cultures. I enjoyed the Country report because it had information and some nice looking pictures to go along with it.
I liked the questions that Longfei asked during the interview. Something that really jumped out at me while I was reading the interview was how he would explain questions so that the interviewee had an easier time answering what he wanted to know. An example of what I mean by this is for one of his questions he asked: “Could you please tell me a little about yourself, for example: Where are you from?  How old are you? What is your mother language? How long have you been here?” Many of the questions that were asked left an opening so that the interviewee could talk for a long time about what she believed/thought. What I mean by that is there were not many questions that were just answer yes or no.
Overall I think Longfei did a great job. I am impressed on just how hard he worked to make sure that the second interview worked out better than the first. Also how he looked at what he could do better and not just by blaming it on the interviewee to make it easier. I think I learned some interesting things about Japan that I didn’t know before.

No comments:

Post a Comment